The course will be held on March 8, 2011 at the Courtyard Restaurant in Smethport, PA.
The registration fee is $15.00 per person (includes refreshments, lunch), and registration deadline is March 1, 2011.
The one-day ESM course consists of 12 individual chapters:
- “Natural Systems” and how they affect your roads
- Introduction to Environmentally Sensitive Maintenance Practices
- Off Right-of-Way Influences: Driveways, trails, farm lanes, more
- Roadside Vegetation Management
- Roadside Banks
- Road and Steam Interfaces
- Parallel Road Ditches
- Ditch Outlets (turnouts, culverts, etc.)
- Driving Surface Aggregate
- Road Surface Maintenance
- Road Surface Drainage
- Additional Maintenance Techniques
This workshop has been developed through Pennsylvania’s Dirt and Gravel Road Maintenance Program to promote practices that reduce maintenance costs and sediment pollution from unpaved roads. The intent of this course is to share the lessons learned and practices developed through Pennsylvania’s Program with other road maintenance professionals.
For additional information contact:
McKean County Conservation District
Sandy Thompson District Manager
17137 Route 6
Smethport, PA 16749